Christians at UCSD holds the faith which is common to all believers (Titus 1:4; Jude 3):
- The Bible is the complete divine revelation, inspired by God (2 Peter 1:21), as the breath of God (2 Timothy 3:16). It is complete and infallible (Titus 1:2; Matthew 24:35).
- God is uniquely one (Deuteronomy 4:35, 39; 1 Timothy 2:5), yet triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, 14). This One is both God and man (John 20:28; Romans 9:5; 1 Timothy 2:5).
- Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7). He rose from the dead for our regeneration (1 Peter 1:3; 1 Corinthians 15:4), and ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9; 2:33; 10:36). Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (2 Thessalonians 1:10).
- A sinner must repent to God (Acts 26:20) and believe into Christ (John 3:16) for regeneration to become a child of God (John 1:12). This salvation is through faith in Christ (Ephesians 2:4-9).
- The church, composed of all the genuine believers in Christ, as the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23) is universally one (Ephesians 4:4), and a local church is locally one (Acts 14:23; Titus 1:5; Revelation 1:11).